Thursday, August 11, 2005

What to make of the statistics?

So, to date, about 40% of people would be interested in knitting my tunic at the exact gauge I knit it, which leaves another 60% of you who wouldn't. Subtract the 12% who aren't interested at all and I'm left feeling not so sure what to offer. I guess I'll mull it over a bit. A few of you also asked about machine knitting patterns. I want to go on record as saying that I haven't the foggiest what a machine knitting pattern looks like. For the style of machine that I have been using, the process is largely as it is for hand knitting. You work rows with increases or decreases or worked straight. Machine knitters use tension instead of gauge, but it's otherwise it's fairly similar at a very fundamental level.

But right now, I'm not thinking about the tunic at all, because I've been knitting away on my second class piece.

Knitting all that seed stitch on US #2 needles is a slow process, but it's working very well. I don't think ribbing or garter would have looked as nice.

This is what the cuff looks like on top. The way the sleeve is folded in the above picture, it kind of looks like the notch is on the under side of the sleeve, but it is not, it's right on top. I think it's a cute little detail. It's tacked in place so it won't come unfolded.

I've tried on the cardi a couple of times and I love it. I do need to get some buttons, and I doubt that other cuff will be done by the time I go to class tonight, but that's OK. There's still one more class after today so I have time to finish it.

Alas, with all this project work, I haven't been able to knit on my Soy Silk piece. I'm missing it a little. Once I'm done with class I'll be able to crank through it, but for now, I'm trying to make sure I have everything done for next Thursday.

And for those of you who love the Panda pics, you can see her little baby face over at Drop That Sock, or you can see our newest pictures from another day of fetch at Ventura Beach, below. I know they all start to look the same, but I can't help myself. I just love to see her happy.


Erte Cloche Pattern

Shop at My Store

Goddess Magnet

Crochet pin

PIP Tote

wyvern store

hummer sticker


Search Now:
In Association with

Virtual Bumper Sticker

WTF Store

marriage is love

Marriage is love.

Bloggy Things

Write me if you'd like a gmail account

Listed on Blogwise Craft Links Directory

Rate this site:

Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Review My Site


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by Site Meter

Marnie Talks

A blog devoted mostly to my knitting and crocheting, but occasionally just there so I can hear myself type.