The Leo scarf is done. I cut it off the loom yesterday after work, and sneaked in all the finishing when Leo wasn't looking. A quick wash and cycle through the drier and it went from firm and crisp to soft and light.
I am really happy with the results though the selvages are still a little rough in places. It's getting easier and easier to keep them even which makes the process more fun.
I love this yarn, by the way. It's very easy to weave, comes in oodles of colors and is clearly very colorfast. The red didn't smudge at all even though I soaked it in the hottest water my tap could produce, before I sent it through the dryer. It's quite firm off the spool but it really softens up after washing. Leo's pretty picky about softness and it completely passed inspection.
I lost some size in the drying process (which I expected, it's cotton, after all) but it also made the fabric much more cohesive looking, filling in all the gaps between threads and evening out a lot of little inconsistencies. All in all, I think this is a very practical piece and since it requires less than one spool of each color, it's also a very affordable piece.
- Yarn: Maysville 8/4 Cotton Warp in (percentage of total scarf in each color listed):
- Linen: 44%
- 8dk Brown: 32%
- Ecru: 15%
- Cardinal: 11%
- Weight: 6.5 oz / 184 g
- Design: My own
- Width: 13" / 33 cm (after washing)
- Fringe: 7.5" / 19 cm (after washing)
- Length: 65" / 165 cm (after fringe)
- Loom: Ashford 32" rigid heddle loom
- DPI: 10