This capelet is worked from the neck down in one piece. The pattern increases every 8th row to Row 76. The garment is shown with a sweater clasp closure but ribbon or i-cord could be substituted, if desired.
The chart shows every row of the pattern, and only some of the wrong-side rows are resting rows. Read right-side rows from right to left and wrong-side rows from left to right, referring to the chart key for instruction.
It is easy to adapt this pattern to be larger or smaller by simply adding or omitting repeats. Each repeat added or removed will change the neck circumference by 1 ¾" / 4.5 cm. Alternately, the neck can be made a little tighter by adding some decreases when working the final crochet edging.
There is ample yardage in 5 balls of yarn to make the capelet and a gauge swatch, with some yarn left over.
All shawl patterns originally offered through Twist Collective are available as part of the Twist Shawls eBook.
- 1 pattern: $7
- Any 4 patterns: $16 — just $4 per pattern. Discount is automatic.
- All 16 patterns: $48 — just $3 per pattern when bought as an ebook.
This deal is not retroactive to purchases made through Twist Collective or Ravelry before the pattern rights reverted back to me in January 2019.
Pattern contains 1 size
- Radius: Approx 25" / 63.5 cm
- 5 balls Concept by Katia Alpaca Silver (131 yd / 120 m per ¾ oz / 25 g ball; 73% Alpaca / 20% Polyamide / 7% Polyester) in #255 Ash
- Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 60" / 150 cm long or longer. Cotton thread for lifeline (optional), tapestry needle, blocking supplies, sweater clasp, coordinating sewing thread and blunt-tipped sewing needle, size G US / 4 mm crochet hook
- 16 sts and 324 rows = 4" / 10 cm in Stockinette stitch, before blocking
Correct gauge is not critical for this project, but your final measurements and yardage requirements may vary if your gauge is different.
Current version: mmd010319
This pattern was originally published by Twist Collective. The last Twist Collective version was 062718.
This pattern has gone through superficial changes to update the appearance, and the file has been reviewed by a tech editor to ensure no necessary information was omitted. If you find an issue, please feel free to contact me.
If you purchased the pattern through Twist Collective, I may not be able to verify your order and you may not receive errata or other updates. Patterns bought through Ravelry or transferred to your Ravelry library, should be configured to receive updates, though there may be some technical issues while the process is refined. I will do my best to assist you if any issues arise.
You are welcome to use these patterns for your own personal, non-commercial or charitable use. If you wish to sell items made from these patterns or teach classes using my patterns, please contact me. Please do not distribute this pattern in print or electronically or post this pattern to your own site or publication.