The body and sleeves of this pullover are knit in the round from the hems to the underarms. All three pieces are joined for the yoke, which is knit in one piece in the round, with short rows to shape the shoulders. Once the garment is complete, the underarms are grafted and the ships are added near the hems with duplicate stitch.
This garment is designed with a slightly shorter yoke and body to counteract the yarn's natural tendency to grow. If you plan to layer this piece over other garments, you may wish to add some length before starting the yoke chart, to give a little more wearing ease.
The colorwork pattern is offered in chart form, only.
If you like this pattern, you may also like the children's version found here. Save 20% when you buy both either individually or as a set.
Pattern contains 9 sizes
Finished Bust Circumference
- 32 (35, 37 ½, 41 ¼, 44 ¼, 46 ¾, 49 ¾, 54 ¼, 57 ¾)"
- 81.5 (89, 95.5, 105, 112.5, 118.5, 126.5, 138, 146.5) cm
- Sample size: 37 ½" / 95.5 cm shown on a 36" / 91.5 cm and 32" / 81 cm bust.
- Suggested ease: 0-3" / 0-7.5 cm.
- Shalimar Yarns Enzo Sport (70% Merino / 20% cashmere, 10% nylon) – 295 yd / 270 m per skein in color
- 3 (4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6) skeins MC Land! Katie Scarlett
- 1 (1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2) skein(s) CC Buttermilk
- US 3 / 3.25 mm knitting needle*
24-36" / 60-90 cm long circular needle (choose length that is shorter than your finished waist measurement)
- 48" / 120 cm long circular needle for beginning of Yoke
- 16" / 40 cm long circular needle for end of Yoke
needles in preferred style for small circumference knitting in the rnd
US 4 / 3.5 mm circular needle; 24-36" / 60-90 cm long for colorwork (optional)
Stitch holder or waste yarn
* Or size to obtain gauge
- 26 sts x 37 rows over 4" / 10cm in Stockinette stitch and colorwork
What you get
You are purchasing a PDF download. You will need a free copy of Adobe Acrobat to open and print the file. I accept Pay Pal payments only. This pattern is 5 pages plus a cover and is provided in color that should print well in black and white. The pattern includes a full and detailed schematics, photos and all the instructions needed to complete this pattern.
Because of the nature of PDF downloads, I cannot offer refunds, but I will do everything I can to resolve issues that may arise. Please don't hesitate to contact me.
Skills needed to complete this pattern:
- Casting on
- Binding off
- Working in the round
- Working from charts
- Duplicate stitch
Resources and Thanks
Tech editing: Chris Evans
Because of the nature of PDF downloads, I cannot offer refunds for purchases. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns before you buy. I want to make sure you only buy a pattern you really want. Thank you so much.
You are welcome to use these patterns for your own personal, non-commercial or charitable use. If you wish to sell items made from these patterns or teach classes using my patterns, please contact me. Please do not distribute this pattern in print or electronically or post this pattern to your own site or publication.